Name: The name of the group shall be 'THE BALHAM PARK SURGERY PATIENT LIAISON GROUP' (the Group) based at the Balham Park Surgery, Balham High Road, London SW17.
Association: The Group shall be affiliated to the National Association for Patient Participation (N.A.P.P.) and be governed by the rules of the N.A.P.P.
Aims & Objectives:
- To help Doctors and Surgery staff to provide, and patients to obtain, the best possible healthcare through discussions at regular meetings with surgery staff deliberating on local and national health issues.
- Contribute to patient satisfaction through opinion surveys and other means, including the examination of complaints, as well as monitoring the performance and targets set by the Practice.
- Produce three newsletters for Practice patients per annum which will contain appropriate information on local and national health matters.
- Organise as required appropriate educational seminars on health matters suggested by patients which will be open to all patients of the Practice.
- Monitor activities of Wandsworth Primary Care Trust and assess the effect any decisions or developments proposed by the Primary Care Trust may have on patients of the Practice.
- Ensure that the Group has a wide and representative membership from the Balham Park Surgery patient population.
Membership: Membership shall be open to all patients and staff of the Practice regardless of ethnicity, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Committee The committee shall consist of three officers-a Chairman (revolving), Secretary and Treasurer-and at least six other Committee members nominated and elected annually. The Committee shall endeavour to meet at least six times in any period between two Annual Meetings. Four members plus one officer shall constitute a quorum. The Committee may co-opt up to two people. Co-opted members are not eligible to vote. All patients and staff of the Practice shall be entitled to attend all committee meetings.
Finance: All sums collected by the Group shall be handed to the Treasurer who shall pay the same into an account in the name of the Group at such bank or building society as the Committee may from time to time decide. All cheques must be signed by two members of the Committee of whom one must be the Treasurer.
Annual General Meeting: An AGM shall be held annually. Any item for the agenda shall be sent to the Secretary for consideration at least four weeks prior to the AGM date.
Election & Retirement of Committee Members: All officers and Committee may offer themselves annually for re-election at the AGM. If more than one nomination for an Officer is received then a vote must take place. In the event of a tie the Chairman has the casting vote.
Report and Account: The Committee shall present at each Annual General Meeting a report of the activities of the Group and its own proceedings during the previous year, with a statement of accounts up to the end of its financial year.
Dissolution: lf upon winding up or dissolution there remains, after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities, any property whatsoever, the same shall be given or transferred to the Practice or the parent charity or other similar charity.
Notice and Application of Rules: Any member of the Group shall upon request be supplied with a copy of these rules.
Alteration to the Rules: Any of these rules may be rescinded, amended or waived by a resolution passed at an AGM or a Special Meeting of which proper notice will have been given to all members, by a two thirds majority of the members present and voting. Provided that no alteration shall be made which would cause the Group to cease being affiliated to N.A.P.P. Reg. Charity No 222992157.