The Patient Services department at Balham Park Surgery work on behalf of the GP's liaising with secondary care. This is staffed by Shelby Gibbs and Lisa Fenech, from 8AM until 6PM however when one is on annual leave it will only be staffed from 9am-5pm.
What we do:
- Send off all of the surgeries referrals
- Provide patients with information on how to chase their own appointments
- Help patients chase test results that have not come back within the standard time frame of 10 -14 working days (some unusual tests may take slightly longer)
- Help vulnerable/unable patients to chase their referrals/results
- GP admin work that does not require clinical input
We have provided information below on how to chase your appointments:
Two Week Rule/Cancer Referral Pathway: For this referral you should be seen within two weeks maximum. Therefore if you have not been contacted with an appointment after 10 days then please contact the hospitals Two Week Rule/ Cancer Referrals Office directly.
Most of our two week rule referrals go to St Georges Hospital in Tooting. Contact Number: 020 8725 1111
IF you have been advised by your GP to attend the walk in service then you need to ensure you have a copy of your referral letter. You will then need to call the clinic on 020 8725 0352 to confirm they are able to see you as a walk in patient.
Otherwise your referral would have been faxed directly to the clinic and they should contact you within one week. If you have not heard after this time please contact the department directly on 020 8725 0352 to chase this.
STANDARD ROUTINE REFERRALS:
Routine referrals can be done in two ways:
- Electronically via the E-Referrals Service
- Sent directly to the hospital via email or fax.
If you have not received an electronic referral letter (e-Referral) from us within two weeks it is likely your referral was sent directly to the hospital. Therefore please kindly contact the hospital’s booking office that you were referred to. If you are not sure where you were referred to or if they have not received your referral please contact the Patient Services Department on 020 8772 8772 – option 3 to discuss.
E-Referral: If there are any issues with your e-Referral, i.e. you want to change the hospital choices or need your password, please contact the Patient Services Department on the number above.
If your E-Referral has been deferred to provider and the provider (hospital/service) does not contact you within 10 days, please call their bookings office in the first instance, as it is likely you will be able to book the appointment. (link to health services page)
RADIOLOGY REFERRALS (SCANS)
X-Ray is a walk in service; you will need a GP referral form to have this done. The form has a list of locations you can go to have the x-ray.
If you are being referred for a different type of scan and have not heard within two weeks then please contact the service directly to chase your appointment.
St Georges Radiology: 020 8725 1486
Physiological Measurements ( they see patients in our surgery): 016 9167 6496
InHealth (mainly for MRI’s): 0844 581 0301
We can only provide you with a copy of the scan report, therefore if you require the images please contact the service directly.
If you have not got a referral but think you need one you will need to book an appointment with a GP.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY WITH A HOSPITAL
- Contact their PALS team – Patient Advice And Liaison Service (St George’s PALS : 020 8725 2453)
- If you are still not happy you can write a formal letter of complaint and the information for this should be on their website St George’s Hospital