URGENT CARE CENTRE - St Georges Hospital
0208 725 1265
URGENT CARE SERVICE AT BALHAM HEALTH CENTRE
Patients of Balham Park Surgery are eligible to use the urgent care service run at Balham Health Centre
Balham Health Centre
120 Bedford Hill
Opening hours: Saturday 09.00 - 15.00.
Before using this service please note the following:
- the service is for urgent care only
- patients will be seen by a single GP who will not have the medical records available
- the service runs as a walk in clinics and booked appointments are not available
- repeat prescriptions are not available during these sessions
MINOR INJURIES CLINIC, ROEHAMPTON
Queen Mary's Hospital
020 8487 6999/6499
Opening hours: 08.00 - 20.00, last patient seen at 19.30, 7 days a week
X-ray facilities are available for the whole day and from 10am – 6pm at weekends.
Problems dealt with include wounds requiring stitching, superficial burns and scalds, emergency contraception, removal of foreign bodies from eyes, ears and nose, bites, stings, cuts, cystitis
NB they do not treat children under 2 years old.
The minor Injuries unit is staffed by highly trained Emergency Nurse Practitioners. Patients are treated by the same Emergency Nurse Practitioner from assessment to discharge.
The Junction Health Centre
Arch 5-8 Clapham Junction Station
0333 200 1718
The Junction Health Centre has a Walk-in service available to unregistered patients. The Walk-in service is open every day from 08.00 to 20.00 and can see patients without an appointment for the treatment of minor injuries and illnesses.
The Walk-in service offers patients health care advice and treatment for general health problems and immediately necessary treatments.
Types of problems treated:
- minor illnesses
- cuts and grazes
- minor scalds and burns
- strains and sprains
- bites and stings
- minor head injuries
- ear and throat infections
- emergency contraception
- minor skin infections / rashes
- minor eye conditions / infections
- stomach upsets
- coughs, colds and flu-like symptoms
- other common illnesses
- dressings service
Unable to help with:
- serious medical emergencies posing an immediate threat to a person’s health or life
- road traffic accident injury
- head injury - loss of consciousness
- overdose of drugs or accidental drinking of chemicals
- severe allergic reaction
- doctor’s certificates
- repeat prescriptions
- follow up care